CASEM CME Webinars
1. CASEM Para and Adaptive Sport Medicine Webinar Series (last session was held 2 July 2020) – The overarching objective of this adaptive sport medicine webinar series was to educate the physician to provide medical care to the adaptive athlete across all disabilities and classifications. The webinar will look at unique aspects of adaptive sports medicine and adaptive athletes, across the age range, who are increasingly active and prominent, not only individually and in local leagues and organizations but also in larger settings.
- Athlete Experience – Impact of COVID-19 on the Tokyo Paralympics – Heidi Peters and Jolan Wong, Women’s Sitting Volleyball
- Heat Adaptations in the Para Athlete – Richard Goudie, MD
- Injury and Illness Incidence- David (DJ) Cormier, DO, DPT
- Neuropathic Pain – Steve Macaluso, MD
- Pediatric considerations in Para Sport – Mary Dubon, MD
- Concussion in Para sport – James Kissick, MD
- Assessment of the Athlete with Limb Deficiency – Steve Dilkas, MD
- Bowel and Bladder – Warren Thirsk, MD
- Nutrition in the Para athlete – Kelly Anne Erdman, Performance Dietitian
- Toolkits and Management Strategies of Wounds – Gwyneth de Vries, MD
- Athlete Experience – Meyrick Jones, Paratriathlete
2. Return to Sport Webinar (13 May 2020) – The Sport Medicine Advisory Council with input from Own the Podium, Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Committees have developed a tool to assist in the decision making and are presently working in a task force on return to sport.
Please note that we experienced technical issues during the webinar and we do not have a recording. However, please find the slides from the webinar below as well as relevant documentation.
Return to Train Meeting Key Messages ( 27 April 2020 )
3. COVID and Return to Sport Webinar (25 June 2020)
4. Return to SEM Practice Webinar (9 June 2020) – As sport medicine practices slowly start to re-open across the country, we invite you to join view webinar as our panel of CASEM members discuss return to sport medicine practice considerations. Please find the COVID-19 Return to Practice Resource page here.
1. Introduction – Dr. Margaret Burghardt
2. Return to Multi Disciplinary Sport Medicine Practice – Dr. Richard Trenholm
3. Return to Orthopaedic Sport Medicine Practice – Dr. Andrew Marshall
4. Considerations for Sport Medicine Procedures – Dr. Terry DeFreitas
5. Considerations for Airway Resuscitation / CPR Procedures – Dr. Tatiana Jevremovic
6. Return to Pediatric Sport Medicine Practice Considerations – Dr. Erika Persson