CASEM Board Statement on COVID-19
- CASEM Board Statement on COVID-19 and sport medicine – (26 March 2020)
Team Physician Resources
- This joint message is from the Sport Medicine Advisory Committee comprised of Chief Medical Officers from the Canadian Olympic Committee, the Canadian Paralympic Committee, and the Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Sport Institute Network (COPSIN). It is meant to guide Canadian high performance athletes and National Sport Organizations (NSOs) with respect to support services and advised behaviour during the COVID-19 pandemic. This advisory is updated every 48 hours and distributed to NSOs and other high performance sport partners. FULL ADVISORY STATEMENT HERE (1 April 2020)
- Athlete Mental Health and Mental Illness in the era of COVID-19 – Shifting focus: A New Reality by Dr. Carla Edwards, Sport Psychiatrist ( 25 March 2020)
- How to Cope with Training Alone – World Rowing interview with Carla Edwards, Sport Psychiatrist (24 March 2020)
- Canadian Rheumatology Association Position Statement: COVID-19 and Hydroxychloroquine Supply (29 March 2020)
- A joint messsage to Ontario’s doctors, nurse practitioners and pharmacists – Statement on the Use of Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin for COVID-19 Prophylaxis (29 March 2020)
- Ontario College of Family Physicians – COVID-19 Rapid Reviews. (30 March 2020) Along with regular Tools for Practice, the PEER team will be writing rapid reviews to address COVID-19 topics relevant for primary care. The evidence is changing rapidly and it is possible that as you read this, new evidence will already be available. We will try our best to stay in front and keep you up-to-date during these challenging times.
- CMA COVID-19 resource page – The CMA is working with the Public Health Agency of Canada, provincial and territorial medical associations, and the Council of Chief Medical Officers of Health to share the most up-to-date and reliable resources with physicians and patients.
- MD Financial Management Resources – Latest News and Updates
- Choosing Wisely – COVID-19 Recommendations for the public and clinicians
- Getting Fit During Social Distancing from CASEM’s ‘Ask the Expert’ series with Dr. Darrell Menard