CASEM Board Statement on COVID-19
- CASEM Statement on Access to Physical Activity during COVID-19 “Stay Active, Stay Safe” – (28 April 2020)
- CASEM Board Statement on COVID-19 and sport medicine – (26 March 2020)
Return to SEM Practice Resources
- Canadian Medical Association – Return to Practice Guidelines
- Return To Work Template – Sport Medicine Multi-Disciplinary Clinic (June 2020)
This is a preliminary “Return to Work” plan in order for our office to prepare for re-opening when your
provincial government and our own provincial governing boards deem it is safe to do so.
- OMA SEM Section – COVID-19 Sport Medicine Re-opening Strategy during COVID-19 (June 2020)
- Considerations for Sport Medicine Procedures With Office Reopening During COVID-19 (June 2020)
- Re-Opening Guide – Primary Care, Community Specialist Offices (2 June 2020 )
Created by the Ontario Health West – South West Primary Care Pandemic Response Table. This document is intended to support clinicians in the Southwestern Ontario region in preparing to re-open their practices through the chronic phase of the COVID19 pandemic. This guide is not meant to be prescriptive but rather to support your own local decision making and circumstances. This document will be iterated, with the most up-to-date version being housed at swcovidtools.ca.
- Sport Medicine Waiver Form Template – Release of Liability, Waiver of all Possible Claims and Assumption of Risk
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association – Clinic Reopening Resources and Tools
Return to Sport Resources
- This joint message is from the Sport Medicine Advisory Committee comprised of Chief Medical Officers from the Canadian Olympic Committee, the Canadian Paralympic Committee, and the Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Sport Institute Network (COPSIN). It is meant to guide Canadian high performance athletes and National Sport Organizations (NSOs) with respect to support services and advised behaviour during the COVID-19 pandemic. This advisory is updated every 48 hours and distributed to NSOs and other high performance sport partners. FULL ADVISORY STATEMENT HERE (30 June 2020)
- The Sport Medicine Advisory Council with input from Own the Podium, Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Committees have developed tools to assist in the decision making and are presently working in a task force on return to sport.
Return to Train Meeting Key Messages ( 27 April 2020 ) and the
COVID-19 Risk Assessment for Sport Tool (27 April 2020)
COVID-19 Return to High Performance Sport Framework (22 May 2020 )
Club Risk Assessment and Mitigation Checklist Tool ( 22 May 2020 )
Fasken Limiting Liability Resources – DRAFT Document templates ( 8 June 2020 )
Team Physician Resources
- Athlete Mental Health and Mental Illness in the era of COVID-19 – Shifting focus: A New Reality by Drs. Carla Edwards, Sport Psychiatrist and Jane Thornton, MD ( 25 March 2020)
- How to Cope with Training Alone – World Rowing interview with Carla Edwards, Sport Psychiatrist (24 March 2020)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Considerations for the Competitive Athlete ( 6 April 2020 )
- Physical activity and coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): specific recommendations for homebased physical training ( 21 April 2020)
- Alberta College of Family Physicians – COVID-19 Rapid Reviews. (26 May 2020) Along with regular Tools for Practice, the PEER team will be writing rapid reviews to address COVID-19 topics relevant for primary care. The evidence is changing rapidly and it is possible that as you read this, new evidence will already be available. We will try our best to stay in front and keep you up-to-date during these challenging times.
- CMA COVID-19 resource page – The CMA is working with the Public Health Agency of Canada, provincial and territorial medical associations, and the Council of Chief Medical Officers of Health to share the most up-to-date and reliable resources with physicians and patients.
- Canadian Rheumatology Association Position Statement: COVID-19 and Hydroxychloroquine Supply (29 March 2020)
- A joint messsage to Ontario’s doctors, nurse practitioners and pharmacists – Statement on the Use of Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin for COVID-19 Prophylaxis (29 March 2020)
- CMA’s Framework for Ethical Decision Making During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- MD Financial Management Resources – There is nothing more essential than the work you do. Thank you. While you’re focused on the health of your patients, MD Financial Management (MD) and Scotiabank are committed to helping you navigate the effects of the pandemic on your personal and business finances. Visit MD Financial Management’s COVID-19 financial resources page and Scotiabank.com for the latest news and updates, and information on relief measures such as the Canada Emergency Business Account. MD Financial Management provides financial products and services, the MD Family of Funds and investment counselling services through the MD Group of Companies. For a detailed list of these companies, visit md.ca
- Choosing Wisely – COVID-19 Recommendations for the public and clinicians
- Getting Fit During Social Distancing from CASEM’s ‘Ask the Expert’ series with Dr. Darrell Menard
- Common Running Injuries from CASEM’s ‘Ask the Expert’ series with Dr. Darrell Menard
- Exercise and Stress Management from CASEM’s ‘Ask the Expert’ series with Dr. Darrell Menard