SportMed BC AGM
2018 Annual General Meeting & First Aid/CPR Recertification Course
Network with your peers as we will look back at the past year and preview some of the exciting projects we’re working on for 2018 – 2019. New to this year, we will also be offering a First Aid/CPR Recertification Course starting at 12:00PM immediately following the networking session and complimentary lunch.
SPC Concussion Symposium
SPC invites you to their annual SPC Concussion Symposium!
Join SPC on Saturday, January 19, 2019 in beautiful Calgary Alberta at the MacEwan Conference & Event Centre for our Annual Symposium!
Registration is open!
For more information, please visit SPC’s website: CLICK HERE
OMA SportMed 2019
- To enhance the knowledge of Sport & Exercise Medicine Physicians, Family Physicians, Orthopedic Surgeons, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Pediatrics, and any physicians with an interest in Sport & Exercise.
- To enhance the knowledge of colleagues in Physiotherapy, Athletic Therapy, Chiropractic and Massage Therapy, Nurse Practitioners.
- To educate, collaborate and improve knowledge in order to enhance the assessment, diagnostic skills and management of sport & exercise related health conditions and promote healthy active living.
5TH ANNUAL – MSK PEARLS COURSE
5TH ANNUAL MSK PEARLS COURSE co-developed by AMA Section of Sports and Exercise Medicine
This expert-lead annual course uses a blend of didactic presentations,
case studies and hands-on skills training to enhance physicians’ and
other healthcare professionals’ care for patients with physical injuries.
This year’s topics focus on sideline management of athletic injuries.
Invitation to attend the 5th Annual Sports Medicine Symposium
I am organizing the 5th Annual Sports Medicine / Orthopedic Symposium on Saturday February 2nd, 2019 at the Boulevard Club in Toronto. www.boulevardclub.com . I would like to invite you to attend this special event.
Here are the details of the symposium:
The audience is mixed and will consist of orthopedic surgeons, other specialty surgeons, sports medicine doctors, family doctors, other specialty doctors, radiologists, physiotherapists, chiropractors, osteopaths, athletic trainers/therapists, business people, politicians, lawyers, coaches, kinesiologists, nurses, clinic owners, medical, graduate and university students.
Duration: 2:00 pm – 1 AM.
35 speakers. About 250 attendees registered.
Current Concepts Review / Interactive Discussions/ Video & Case presentations / Hands-on Demos / Questions to the Sports Medicine expert panel
Dress Code: Formal / Black Tie optional
Symposium Registration Fee: 150 $ / person (includes food + drinks + networking reception/gala: electric violin + live band)
Register by emailing and indicate whether you will be bringing a guest (this is optional – He/she will need to formally register and pay the 150$ symposium fee).
Payment can be made via over the phone by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) by calling (416) 742-3736, mailing in a cheque, emailing via Interac e-transfer (email@example.com ), or by cash.
The weblink to the 5th Annual Symposium is: https://nguyensportsmed.com/sports-medicine-symposium where you can download a pdf of the preliminary program.
I have also included the preliminary program for your review. Looking forward to seeing everyone again,
Dr. Duong Nguyen MPC
2489 Bloor Street West, Suite 102, Toronto, ON. M6S 1R6
Tel: (416) 742-3736 Fax: (416) 742-2818 Website: www.nguyensportsmed.com
CASEM Pediatric Sport Medicine Conference
Targeted at the physician and sport medicine health care professional, this one day clinical course will cover multiple aspects of caring for the youth athlete and active pediatric aged patients.
At the end of the course, the learner will:
- Understand the unique aspects of pediatric aged athletes, including factors influencing treatment, return to play and injury prevention.
- Become more familiar and comfortable when managing common injuries in the growing youth athlete
- Enhance individual physical exam skills for youth MSK injury in the clinical setting
- Better understand issues in pediatric sports nutrition and supplementation
- Have increased knowledge of the current state of youth concussion including management, and prevention.