CASEM Running Injuries
The CASEM Running Injuries course will be held on Saturday, October 13th preceding the 15th annual Prince Edward Island Marathon– this one day clinical workshop will cover all aspects of running injuries including sessions on:
- Foot Plant and Running Injuries
- Gait Analysis
- Hydration and Performance
- Shoe Design over the Decade
- Nutrition for Endurance Athletes
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Injury Prevention
The day will bring together a multi-disciplinary faculty of experts in their field to address those running related clinical issues seen by the sport medicine physician.
The course will run from 8:00am to 4:30pm and includes breakfast, lunch and breaks.
Advanced Sport Medicine Course
Well it’s back – the CASEM Advanced Sport Medicine Course returns with a vengeance – this time in a new location and with a new educational partner – The University of Ottawa Skills and Simulation Centre (uOSSC), Ottawa, ON.
For those of you who are not familiar with the course, this two-day intensive course is a hands-on, practical case-based approach to advanced sport medicine. Four modules spread over two days are presented initiated by a mass-casualty scenario. The Faculty are all experienced practitioners who will provide an experience second-to-none and our partner, uOSSC, provide the educational expertise as well as the site, sounds and equipment to make this course as realistic as possible.
- To acquire the ability to develop and implement an integrated plan to effectively deal with potential emergencies occurring at a busy competition venue.
- To deliver the course content in an interactive learning format that integrates the principles of adult education with updated teaching technology in practical sessions where skills and theory are challenged and refined.
- To ensure that excellent quality faculty are selected which offer leadership, mentoring and gold standard princi-ples of care.
Due to the nature of the course, registration is restricted to 36 participants – the student-teacher ratio is low, the sessions are highly interactive and 100% participation is mandatory.
*** Please note the course is only open to CASEM members with the CASEM Dip. Sport Med***
Discounted rate available until August 16th 2018
CASEM Football Injuries Sport Medicine
Targeted at the physician or sport medicine health care professional, this one day clinical workshop will cover all aspects of football injuries. At the end of the workshop, the learner will be able to:
• To be educated as to the complexities of return to play decisions in contact sports and unique plans for injuries/player position and level of play.
• To create a plan of care from prevention, diagnosis, care and recovery after common injuries of the tendons and ligaments in both he lower extremity and upper extremity.
• To become familiar with hand injuries that typically result from football and contact sports including sideline and definitive care. The learner will also be briefed on the management will include nonsur-gical as well as surgical treatment options.
• To provide an update on concussions in football and the latest treatment options.
CASEM holds a variety of SEM courses throughout the year:
- SUMMER ENDURANCE COURSE
- TIMELY TOPICS
- WINTER ENDURANCE COURSE
- MSK ULTRASOUND COURSE
- TEAM PHYSICIAN
- ADVANCED SPORT MEDICINE COURSE
- INJURY PREVENTION
- RUNNING INJURIES