University of Ottawa – Division of Orthopaedic Surgery Sports Medicine Physician
The Division of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Ottawa is seeking a physician with expertise in Sports Medicine as part of their University and Professional Sports’ team support. This individual will work directly with 3-4 orthopaedic sports medicine subspecialty surgeons in a close team environment.
- CASEM Diploma of Sports Medicine
- Full time academic appointment at the Assistant Professor level within the University of Ottawa/The Ottawa Hospital‘s Division of Orthopaedic Surgery focusing on both MSK and non-MSK sports injury.
- Graduate degree would be an asset as well as previous research experience and interest in participating in sports medicine research projects viewed as a strong advantage. – Opportunity to complement clinical responsibilities with operating room assist duties.
- Proficiency in French and English is highly regarded upon.
- No guarantee that the candidate will have a position on a professional team as those selection decisions are unique to each team.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated outstanding knowledge skills and ethical standards as evidenced by strong letters of reference from the Program Director of his/her residency. Two additional letters of reference will be required. The estimated start date is October 1, 2019.
The deadline for applications is August 16, 2019.
Please submit your curriculum vitae and reference letters to Johanne Samson at firstname.lastname@example.org.