Team Physician Canadian Lacrosse Association Under-19 Women’s National Team
The Canadian Lacrosse Association is accepting applications for the position of Team Physician with its Under-19 Women’s National Team. The successful candidate would be required to attend training camps and events during the dates listed below:
- Evaluation Camp 1: November 23-25, 2018 (Syracuse, New York, USA)
- Evaluation Camp 2: January 11-13, 2019 (Syracuse, New York, USA)
- Training Camp: June 21-30, 2019 (Upstate New York, USA)
- World Championship Pre Camp: July 27-31, 2019 (Toronto, ON or Peterborough, ON)
- 2019 FIL Women’s Under-19 World Championship: August 1-10, 2019 (Peterborough, ON)
- Overseeing and administering all medical support services and requirements for National Team members
- Player medical records management through Privit
- Liaise on all anti-doping matters, including assisting players in submissions of medical exemptions
- Liaison between National Team and Federation of International Lacrosse (FIL) Medical Committee
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Sports Medicine or equivalent
- Member in good standing with CASEM
- Provide an up to date criminal background check
- Experience working with Privit or similar programs (Canadian Athlete Monitoring Program)
- Knowledge of Canadian Anti-Doping Program is essential.
- Previous experience in World Championships or major multi-sport games is an asset
Honorarium of $150.00 per day + travel expenses.
APPLICATION DEADLINE All applications (including resume, cover letter and 3 references) should be submitted to Jules Alie, High Performance Coordinator by email (email@example.com) before October 31, 2018. We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Jules Alie High Performance Coordinator Canadian Lacrosse Association
Phone: 613-260-2028 ext. 303 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Canadian Lacrosse Association Founded in 1867, the Canadian Lacrosse Association (CLA) is the governing body responsible for all aspects of lacrosse in Canada. Our organization is comprised of 10 Member Associations representing nearly 85,000 individual participants, including coaches, officials, and athletes of all ages and abilities. The CLA’s mission is to honour the sport of lacrosse and its unique nation-building heritage, by engaging our members, leading our partners, and providing opportunities for all Canadians to participate. The CLA oversees the delivery of numerous national championships and the participation of Team Canada at all international events sanctioned by the Federation of International Lacrosse (FIL). The CLA is proud to be affiliated with partners that share the same vision and values, including our corporate partners – New Balance Athletics, Warrior Sports, NormaTec Recovery Systems, Canadian Red Cross, Westjet, and Baron Rings – as well as our funding partners the Government of Canada, the Coaching Association of Canada, and the Canadian Lacrosse Foundation. For more information on Canadian Lacrosse Association and the sport of lacrosse, visit our website at www.lacrosse.ca and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.