Sports Medicine Doctors for CPRI Medical & Rehab in Vancouver and New Westminster
CPRI Medical & Rehab is an inter-disciplinary specialized clinic focused on the non-surgical management of peripheral joint, spinal and musculoskeletal pain conditions. We have two locations in beautiful British Columbia – in Vancouver (301-1541 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC, V6J 1W7) and New Westminster (402-233 Nelson’s Crescent, New Westminster, BC V3L 0E4). We are looking for sports medicine doctors in both locations. We are a dedicated team of physicians and allied health professionals, looking to create integrated quality care for a mix of client populations. We see the full spectrum of sports medicine, peripheral musculoskeletal, spine, peripheral neurologic, and nociplastic pain conditions. We also see pre/post-operative patients in close collaboration with our orthopedic surgery colleagues.
The ideal candidate will specialize in sports-related injuries and musculoskeletal conditions. This position offers a unique opportunity to collaborate with a team of experts from various disciplines to address the multifaceted needs of our diverse patient population.
We have 4 ultrasound machines across the 2 sites for your use. We are also accredited to perform in-house electrodiagnostic testing (NCS/ EMG) at the West Broadway site. We have full accreditation from the CPSBC through the NHMSFAP to perform advanced spine procedures in-house at our West Broadway site.
- Assess, diagnose, and develop individualized treatment plans for patients.
- Provide non-surgical interventions, including but not limited to injections, regenerative therapies (PRP, prolotherapy), exercise & rehabilitation prescriptions, and other sports-specific modalities to alleviate pain, improve functionality & quality of life.
- Collaborate as needed with our in-house multi-disciplinary team including other physicians (e.g. pain medicine, physiatry, sports medicine, family medicine with focus in chronic pain and anesthesiology) and rehabilitation providers (physiotherapy, kinesiology, clinical counselling, occupational therapy, and psychology) to deliver comprehensive care.
- Employ evidence-based practices and innovative techniques to optimize patient outcomes.
- Potentially contribute to the growth and development of our clinic through active participation in clinical programs, educational initiatives, and quality improvement projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Valid medical license with ability to work in BC and in good standing with respective college
- CASEM Diploma of Sports Medicine or AAPMR Certification
- Eligible for licensure with CPSBC (independent/provisional/associate/USA certified)
- Coverage with the Canadian Medical Protective Association.
- Strong clinical skills with a commitment to providing exceptional patient care.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must have experience with ultrasound guided injections.
What we offer
- Payment Structure: Fee for Service, submissions to MSP every 2 weeks.
- Overhead: fixed split percentage overhead model – variable based on specialty/ desired practice needs (e.g. fluoroscopy vs standard clinic day).
The physician will be provided full-time/part-time work including:
- Utilization of clinic space and procedural facilities.
- Administrative and LPN support.
- Utilization of the clinic’s well established referral network (MSP & Private)
- Collegial environment with the largest MSK Physiatry and Pain Medicine FRCPC group in the lower mainland.
- Access to advanced spine interventions performed in-house.
- Access to support for complex patients with central sensitization and other complex pain conditions.
- Access to NCS/ EMG within the group.
- Access to multidisciplinary services including in house – other medical specialists & rehabilitation team
- Access to medical legal work – Independent Medical Exams & WorksafeBC referrals.
- Opportunity to be involved in clinical teaching for medical students, residents and fellows from multiple specialties at UBC.