SEM Physician – Trent Health in Motion
Trent Health in Motion is looking to add a sport medicine physician to our growing multidisciplinary team. Our clinical team currently includes an orthopaedic surgeon, chiropractors, physiotherapists, a dietitian, massage therapists, an athletic therapist, and kinesiologist. We feel the addition of a sports medicine physician would allow us to provide an even more comprehensive level of care to our clients.
We are located on the beautiful campus of Trent University and our staff have direct access to a state-of-the-art Swimex Hydrotherapy pool as well as a fully equipped gym in the Trent Athletics Centre for use with their patients. There are many opportunities for both field and clinical experience with Varsity athletes as our staff provide game coverage and in clinic treatment for all Trent Varsity sports and pre-season testing. We also serve Peterborough and the surrounding communities, as the Trent athletic centre is a community hub for sporting events, in addition to occasional international sporting events. For the practitioner interested in research/teaching, there are opportunities to leverage your clinical experience and association with Trent Health in Motion to be involved in the growing Kinesiology program at Trent University, as it is planning to expand to a full 4 year undergraduate program in the near future.
- Friendly, caring, good communicator
- Interest and experience in sports medicine (CASEM or in the process of obtaining their diploma in Sport and Exercise Medicine)
- Values interprofessional collaboration and being part of a team
- Interest in professional development and continuing education
- Interest in research and teaching
What we offer:
- Access to a state of the art clinic and fully equipped university athletic facility with SwimEx pool and 25m pool
- Opportunity to work within a multidisciplinary team of health professionals
- Athletic patient population (varsity athletes, active community members, and Olympic level rowers in the Next Gen Rowing hub – https://rowingcanada.org/nextgen-team-information/)
- Clinical/office space in the Trent Athletic centre
- Open to discussing shared or separate admin support and overhead costs, use of patient management and billing software
- Teaching and research opportunities within Trent University’s Kinesiology department
If you are looking to live in an active and growing city, surrounded by nature and cottage country, then Peterborough is the right fit for you. If you’re interested in building your sports medicine practice, being a member of a multidisciplinary team, in a state of the art clinic and athletic facility, on an energetic university campus, then Trent Health in Motion is the right fit for you.
Please direct inquiries and expressions of interest to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org