Medcan Health Management Seeking Sport Med Physician
Medcan Health Management is seeking a dynamic and energetic certified sports medicine physician who enjoys working in a collaborative multidisciplinary care setting. The primary care orthopedics program is part of the Medcan ecosystem which includes Orthopedics, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, Chiropody, Orthotics/Prosthetics, Personal Training, Nutrition, Pain Management, RMT as well as Physiatry. On site diagnostics include Xray and blood lab with access to the latest injectable therapeutics. We have 50 primary care physicians who manage the care of 45,000 patients who require the services of a dedicated DipSM physician. We currently have two Sports Medicine physicians and are seeking a third to meet our increasing demands.
Our patients are committed partners in their health care journey and so outstanding communication skills and an excellent bedside manner are a must. Physician candidates must be interested in how to link innovation with evidence-based medical care within a collaborative care business model. Research is supported.
- Align to provide open and candid communication and cross-discipline care within the department.
- See Medcan clients by appointment both in-clinic and virtually.
- Work with other sport medicine specialists to create individualized care plans.
- Care for recreational and weekend warrior athletes, competitive athletes, as well as general MSK concerns.
- Oversee and administer ultrasound guided interventional therapies, including Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy.
- Continuously look to innovate care practices using the best evidence medical care within a collaborative care business model.
- Degree in Medicine (MD)
- CCFP Designation
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and currently licensed to practice in Ontario
- Sports Medicine Diploma through CASEM or similar organization
- Outstanding communication skills and an excellent bedside manner
- Experience working with competitive athletes is an asset
- Experience and training in ultrasound guided injection therapies required
- Experience in ultrasound guided interventional therapies, including Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy is an asset.
Being a Medcan Physician means a great working environment and an attractive and competitive, total compensation package including a daily base, hourly rate, generous OHIP splits, multiple incentive plans and a genuine opportunity to grow at one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. The position offers outstanding wellness benefits through Medcan’s unique Live Well program.
Please send your resume and cover letter to our Clinical Recruiter- Rimmy Khurana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medcan is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise your Talent Management Specialist if you require accommodation.