Locum – Carleton Sport Medicine Clinic – Ottawa, ON
The Carleton Sport Medicine Clinic is pleased to offer a locum opportunity to a sport medicine physician for 3-4 days per week at our multidisciplinary clinic on the university campus in Ottawa. We are a very busy clinic seeing acute injuries & referrals from local family physicians in the region. Our patient population is comprised mainly of professional, amateur & recreational athletes, the university population, as well as the general public and post-op patients.
The candidate must be:
- CASEM diploma/member, with a focused practice (SEM CAC) being desirable
- Good standing with the CPSO
- Top notch administration, billing, and medical support staff with a competitive fee split
- Our team is made up of 7 sport medicine physicians, 6 orthopaedic surgeons, a rheumatologist, a weight management physician, mental health specialists (sport psychiatrist, psychologist & psychotherapist), physiotherapists, massage therapists and a chiropodist.
- Our practitioners operate on a single EMR (QHR Accuro)
- Dedicated procedure room for injection therapies such as cortisone, viscosupplementation, PRP (Arthrex Angel system & ACP centrifuge), prolotherapy
- Two ultrasound machines for imaging guided injections (Clarius wireless & GE LOGIQ)
- Multidisciplinary concussion care
- Varsity clinics at Carleton University and game/event coverage, clinic involvement with multiple semi pro and professional sports teams in the region.
- Teaching site for U Ottawa PGY3 Sport Medicine Fellows, Family medicine residents, PM&R residents, and medical students
- Primary Care opportunities available on campus in Student Health
We endorse a culture and environment that facilitates learning, teaching, collaboration, expert care, and innovation.
For more information please contact the Medical Directors:
Taryn Taylor BKin, MSc, MD, CCFP (SEM), Dip Sport Med
Andy Marshall MD, FRCPC, Dip Sport Med
For more information visit: www.carletonsportmed.com