Group 23 – Sport and Exercise Medicine Physician
SPORT AND EXERCISE MEDICINE (SEM) PHYSICIAN
Group23 Sports Medicine clinic is a patient-centric sport medicine practice with the philosophy of collaborative care. Our team of specialists and health care providers help people recover from injury and support them in rising above their injuries. Whether we are treating a professional athlete, or someone who just wants to stay active, every client receives the same elite level of care and professionalism you would expect from Calgary’s leading sport medicine clinic. Our Brand Promise is Elite Sports Medicine • Premium Experience • Empowering To #RiseAbove.
Group23 Core Purpose: “To deliver positive healthcare experiences and empower individuals to rise above injury and back to movement”
Group23 Sports Medicine long-term mission: “To become Alberta’s premier sports medicine destination offering the most comprehensive, innovative and evidence-based care”
Group23 Sports Medicine Core Values:
- We are of service
- We take pride in what we do
- We get better everyday
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) Degree
- Fellowship in Sport and Exercise Medicine and/or Diploma of Sport and Exercise Medicine (Dip. Sport Med) from the Canadian Academy of Sport and Exercise Medicine (CASEM)
SPECIAL TRAINING/CERTIFICATIONS (not mandatory, but encouraged):
- Ultrasound Guided Injections experience/courses
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Advanced Team Physician Course through CASEM
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES, REGISTRATIONS CHECKS:
- Must be in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) and provide copy of license annually
- Canadian College of Family Physicians (CCFP) or Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) Certification
- Active medical liability/malpractice insurance through the Canadian Medical Protective Agency (CMPA) and provide proof of insurance annually
Group23 SEM Physicians provide high-level, comprehensive, evidence-based sport medicine care of patients and athletes referred from internal and external healthcare professionals. This shall involve performing new and follow-up assessments for the purpose of facilitating a full-service sports medicine clinic offering timely assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, and rehabilitation of sports injuries and bone and joint problems.
To receive the entire job description and apply please email the
Group23 Sports Medicine Medical Director: Jim.Thorne@group23.ca
We thank all interested in the position – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.