Glen Sather Sports Medicine Clinic – Edmonton, AB
The Glen Sather Sports Medicine Clinic (GSSMC) is an interdisciplinary rehabilitation facility located in the Kaye Edmonton Clinic on the University of Alberta campus. The GSSMC vision is to be a leader in sport, exercise, and musculoskeletal care through innovation in clinical care, research and education. Members of the multi-disciplinary team include sports physicians, orthopedic surgeons, physical therapists, massage therapists, orthotists, neuropsychologists and nurses.
While the focus is to serve the needs of active Edmontonians, we see all injured individuals. Treatment plans focus on prevention of injury, acute care management and rehabilitation of sport, orthopedic and work related injury.
We are currently looking for a Sport and Exercise Medicine Physician interested in providing clinical coverage for 1 to 1.5 days per week.
There will also be additional coverage opportunities throughout the year.
The benefits of the GSSMC:
- Large interdisciplinary team with a world class reputation
- Heavily networked clinicians involved in many regional, national, and international sporting events/organizations
- Broad referral base from the community, Varsity, and other sports organizations
- On the leading edge of research and innovation
- Centrally located in a modern facility on campus
- The clinic is open 6 days per week from 7 am – 6:30 pm M-F and 8 – 12:30 on Saturdays
- Attractive fee split
- Physician in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- CAC with CCFP and Diploma in Sport Medicine, CASEM or equivalent from AMSSM
- Ability to work individually and as part of an interdisciplinary disciplinary health care team.
Please contact Jason Sheehy, Executive Director at email@example.com to discuss further.
We look forward to hearing from you.
|Kaye Edmonton Clinic
2C/2D, 11400 University Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 1Z1
Tel: 780-407-5160 Fax: 780-407-5667