Family Physician – Sports Medicine Physician
Our client, a national rehabilitation organization, requires a physician or sports medicine physician to join their modern, professionally appointed clinic in Lloydminster. The clinic is located within a large multi-sports facility which includes ice rinks, indoor soccer pitches, a running track and a 16,000 sq ft gym. This multidisciplinary environment offers a fully integrated EMR internet-based, paperless office and provides full office support, apart from billing. Local athletic teams train year-round at the facility.
Lloydminster is a young and vibrant community with approximately 34,000 residents. In 2018 it was ranked No. 1 by a MoneySense “Best Place to Live” report in the Wealth and Economy category. The community offers affordable housing, no PST, exceptional earning potential, state-of-the-art recreation and three strong school systems, which have attracted many young families. All this within an hour of pristine Lakeland country.
Compensation is under the ARP and FFS billing with full administrative support. There are no on-call requirements or weekend coverage, providing a good work-life balance. Full-time employment is preferred; however, part-time will be considered.
- Licensed to practise in the Province of Alberta, Doctor of Medicine or specialist certification
- Good knowledge of musculoskeletal medicine
- Experience in report writing, good communication skills
- Knowledge/experience with third party funders (WCB, MVA, LTD)
- Excellent organizational and computer skills
- Superior team and interpersonal skills within a customer service approach
- Conduct thorough medical assessments and examinations
- Determine and recommend treatment and investigations as required
- Liaise and consult with family physicians, specialists and other health care providers
- Discuss medical problems, plans and requirements with referral sources maintaining privacy requirements
- Provide education sessions for staff, treatment team as required
- Collaborate with the team to ensure patients receive an individualized
- program inclusive of physical, psychosocial and functional aspects of care
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by separate attachment to:
Alex Warne, President
Alex Warne & Associates
Phone: 1- (905) 570-7456
For more information click here: