SEM Physician – Townsville, Australia – Needs You!
TOWNSVILLE NEEDS YOU
What Townsville can offer?
- Townsville, the capital of North Qld, is situated in the dry topics
- Regional population 250,000 ‘approx’.
- Within the city there are quality public and private schools + James Cook University [including Medical and Dental faculties]
- Excellent cultural & artistic activities including international festivals
- Wonderful fishing on the Great Barrier Reef
- Perfect weather 9 months of the year: the odd cyclone or two
- Large contingent of the Australian Defence Force serving in Townsville, [Army and RAAF]
- Townsville enjoys the following National Teams:
- NRL Cowboys
- WNBL Fire
- State level sports in every field plus recreational sport
- Experienced Orthopaedic, private pain Management Physician and Radiological support
- Currently Dr Greg Winter [Fellow of ACSEP] has been the sole Sports Physician in Townsville and North of the Tropic of Capricorn.
- Has been in private practice, unopposed for 23 years. Now wishing to retire
- Advises of the option for him to provide part- time, holiday and other practice coverage to the successful applicant.
- Area of coverage MacKay to the tip of Nth cape and sweeping to the NT border
- Practice is fully Musclo-Skeletal [no assisting]
- Excellent Client base
- Non Bulk Billing
- Referrals from GP’s in Townsville and surrounding rural communities
- Information re P/L for the serious applicant[s]
What is required by you to apply?
- A Fellow of the Australasian College of Sports and Exercise Medicine.
(For an overseas applicant, requires recognition of qualifications by ACSEP)
- Be registered with APHRA, the national medical registration body for Australia
- Enthusiasm for climate change and opportunity to undertake MSK medicine in a fully private practice.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or +617 47737311