Rugby Canada – Sports Med Physician & CMO
Position: Sports Medicine physician and Chief Medical Officer.
Rugby Canada is the national sport organization responsible for player welfare for all rugby players in Canada. Rugby Canada recently opened the Al Charron Rugby Canada National Training Centre, a brand-new state of the art facility in Langford, British Columbia and home to Rugby Canada’s men’s and women’s national and academy teams. Over 100 athletes train in the center where they received support and direction from a team of coaches, sport science and sport medicine professionals.
What we need
A Sports Medicine physician who is keen to build a successful Sports Medicine clinic at our National Training Center while working with our National team athletes as part of a multidisciplinary team of physiotherapists, athletic therapists, strength and conditioning coaches and other staff. In addition, we have a current need to fulfill the role of Chief Medical Officer(CMO) role and are interested in combining this with NTC Sports Medicine physician role. Sports Medicine training (including CAC SEM, Dip Sports Med, etc) and the ability to work collaboratively as a team member are essential requirements for the position. Experience with elite sport is required and experience with rugby would be viewed as a major asset.
- The clinic is situated in the spacious and modernly designed NTC building which includes a private physician exam room, front desk, and waiting area.
- The intention is that the selected candidate would be able to run their own Sports Medicine practice seeing outside patients in the facility in addition to the part time work they do with Rugby Canada.
- The selected candidate would have the ability able to bill MSP, where appropriate, for the time they spent with Rugby Canada athletes and Rugby Canada providing a base salary compensating them for duties that went beyond MSP billing as well as administrative duties.
- The selected candidate will be able to build a referral-based Sport and Exercise Medicine/ Musculoskeletal medicine practice seeing non-Rugby Canada patients and billing MSP, Work Safe BC, ICBC etc.
- The candidate will pay virtually no overhead costs to run their practice.
- Use of ultrasound for diagnostics and for guided procedures.
- The opportunity to live in the desirable greater Victoria, BC area.
If you are interested in this potential opportunity then please direct CV, cover letter and any
questions to Matt Barr ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).