The Canadian Academy of Sport and Exercise Medicine provides sport medicine information on a range of sport medicine topics. The information contained in the following position papers is not intended to substitute for the advice of a physician and you are advised always to consult your doctor for specific information on personal health matters.
What is the process to submit a new document or position statement for review and publication by CASEM?
When a proposed topic has been decided upon, and lead author established, the Declaration of Intent to Submit a Publication Form (fillable form) should be submitted to CASEM head office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Physical Activity Prescription: a Critical Opportunity to Address a Modifiable Risk Factor for the Prevention and
Management of Chronic Disease (March 2016)
- Tobogganing In Canada – Opinion Piece (Oct 2015)
- Neuromuscular training Programs Can Decrease Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries in Youth Soccer Players (2014)
– Implementation of ACL Prev Prog at the community level-2-11 (CJSM)
- Athletes at High Altitude (2014)
- Osteoporosis and Exercise (2013)
- Mandatory use of Bicycle Helmets (2013)
- In-line Skating (2012)
- Head Injuries and Concussions in Soccer (2010) with Discussion Paper (2010)
- Abuse, Harassment and Bullying in Sport (2010) with Discussion Paper (2010)
Joint CASEM Statements
- NEW! Choosing Wisely – Five Things Physicians and Patients Should Question in Sport and Exercise Medicine (January 2017)
- CPS – Trampolines at home and playgrounds (reviewed 2012)
- CPS – Physical activity recommendations for children with specific chronic health conditions (2010)
Other CASEM Contributed Statements
- CCC – A Road map for Implementing Concussion Management Policies and Protocols in Sport (April 2015)*
* For further concussion resources of CCC Member groups and other contributors, refer to the CCC portion of the CASEM webpage above
Other Relative Statements
- NEW! Consensus Statement on Concussion in Sports—the 5th international conference on concussion in sport held in Berlin, October 2016 and Sport Concussion Assessment Tools
- Canadian Paediatric Society –Healthy Active Living: Physical Activity Guidelines for Children and Adolescents (April 2012)
Past (Archived) CASEM Statements
- Exercise and Pregnancy (2008) with Discussion Paper (In Review)
- HIV in Sport (2007) (Archived)
- Violence in hockey (2007) (Archived)
- Snowboarding Injuries (2006) (Archived)
It is suggested that the Declaration of Intent to Submit a Publication Form be submitted in the early or initial stages of the writing of the document, please consult the Instructions to Authors Document for guidelines. This allows the Publications Committee to be aware of any proposals that may be overlapping in content or intent, and also to provide assistance where needed.