Membership is open to all medical doctors (regardless of type of practice), post-graduate medical trainees (residents/fellows) and medical students, with an interest in Sport and Exercise Medicine.
Please note that the Membership is based on the calendar year (January 1st -December 31st). We do not prorate.
The Advantages of CASEM Membership include the following*:
- To gain knowledge through the network of sport medicine physicians across Canada and around the world including research and continuing medical education.
- To access current information in Sport and Exercise Medicine via the National Office.
- To be recognized as having a special interest and/or expertise in the area of Sport Medicine.
- To be able to sit the CASEM Diploma in Sport and Exercise Medicine and once qualified to use the nominal Dip. Sport. Med.
- A subscription to the Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine and the British Journal of Sport and Exercise Medicine direct online access to full-text articles (a subscription to the Clinical Journal is NOT included with the student membership fee)
- Ortho Evidence
- A bimonthly subscription to the CASEM Newsletter
- To receive reduced registration fees to all of CASEM’s continuing professional development opportunities including the Annual Scientific Meeting, Team Physician Course, Advanced Sport Medicine Course, and Timely Topic Workshops.
- To have the opportunity to be selected to the medical teams for national and international competitions and work with national sport federations.
- Continued funding for research grants
- Access to the CASEM Listserve
*The membership is currently NOT open to Allied Health, however, Allied Health are welcome to participate in CASEM events and conferences.
Become a member:
For current members looking to renew their membership for 2020, please log in to your account and renew online or fill out the paper copy and send it to 55 Metcalfe Street, Suite 300 Ottawa, ON K1P 6L5