Membership is open to all medical doctors (regardless of type of practice), post-graduate medical trainees (residents/fellows) and medical students, with an interest in Sport Medicine.
Please note that the Membership is based on the calendar year (January 1st -December 31st). We do not prorate.
The Advantages of CASEM Membership include the following*:
- To gain knowledge through the network of sport medicine physicians across Canada and around the world including research and continuing medical education.
- To access current information in Sport and Exercise Medicine via the National Office.
- To be recognized as having a special interest and/or expertise in the area of Sport Medicine.
- To be able to sit the CASEM Diploma in Sport and Exercise Medicine and once qualified to use the nominal Dip. Sport. Med.
- A subscription to the Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine and the British Journal of Sport and Exercise Medicine direct online access to full-text articles ( a subscription to the Clinical Journal is NOT included with the student membership fee )
- NEW – Ortho Evidence
- A bimonthly subscription to the CASEM Newsletter
- To receive reduced registration fees to all of CASEM’s continuing professional development opportunities including the Annual Scientific Meeting, Team Physician Course, Advanced Sport Medicine Course, and Timely Topic Workshops.
- To have the opportunity to be selected to the medical teams for national and international competitions and work with national sport federations.
- Continued funding for research grants
- Access to the CASEM Listserve
*The membership is currently NOT open to Allied Health.
To become a member click on the link below or fill out a paper copy (New Member Form English 2018) and send it to our address at 55 Metcalfe Street, Suite 300 Ottawa, ON K1P 6L5