Sport Medicine Physician, Sport Medicine Centre, University of Calgary
Location: Main Campus
The University of Calgary Sport Medicine Centre is a multi-purpose, academically integrated Sport Medicine facility within the University of Calgary. In 2015, we saw over 45,000 patients amongst our Sport Medicine Physicians, Orthopaedic Surgeons, Physiotherapists, Athletic Therapists, Massage Therapist and Registered Dietitian. In addition to our patients that come from off campus, we look after elite amateur sport athletes, varsity athletes and ProRodeo patients.
The Sport Medicine Centre is seeking a Sport Medicine Physician interested in working in this collaborative multi-disciplinary environment. The majority of patients are referred from community physicians. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to active academic practice (resident and Fellow training, Athletic Therapy student instruction and potentially teaching within the Faculty of Kinesiology) and research programs (either lead or provide assistance to researchers associated with the Sport Medicine Centre). There is the potential for clinical appointments within the Department of Family Medicine and the Faculty of Kinesiology.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Ability to be registered and practice within the province of Alberta
- Sport and Exercise Medicine physician “Fellowship” Trained in Sport Medicine. Must have the Diploma in Sport and Exercise Medicine, or equivalent
- Experience working in elite sport within a multidisciplinary team of practitioners in the delivery of injury diagnosis, treatment and prevention strategies is preferred
- Excellent range of clinical assessment and treatment and clinical reasoning skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the principles and delivery of injury prevention programs and protocols
- Excellent understanding of the principles of human performance and how they relate to clinical sport medicine
- Specific research interests would be considered a major asset.
As a member of the Sport Medicine Centre team, a successful candidate will provide the following:
- Delivery of an exceptional patient service experience
- Commitment to collaboration and integration with the Centre colleagues
- Stay active in professional development and maintain current expert knowledge in the field as per CPD requirements
- Embody a philosophy of professionalism, excellence, health and wellness
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective use of time and resources
- Able to work in a diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Expected to work a variety of specialty clinics in addition to their regular referral based practice (example, Acute Sport Concussion clinic, Acute Knee Injury Clinic)
- Expected to deliver care to Varsity and Rodeo athletes. Also expected to be the primary physician to a Varsity athlete team and provide game coverage Payment is on a fee for service basis with a competitive overhead arrangement.
Send your letter of interest with your C-V to:
University of Calgary Sport Medicine Centre
2500 University Dr. NW
Application Deadline: February 28, 2017