Sport Medicine Physician – Calgary, AB – Full Time
Are you a Physician looking to join an elite team of Canadian Sport Medicine clinics? With flexible hours, specialized facilities and patient-centred technology, Lifemark is the practice you’ve been looking for.
Our new Lifemark Sport Medicine clinic, located in Calgary NW, is housed in an incredible 300,000 square foot building. Some of the features include competitive, leisure and wave pools, competitive and leisure ice rinks, three full gymnasiums with access to an indoor track, cardio and strength training equipment, as well as a library, art studio and 250 seat theatre.
Employing well-established rehab principles and an emphasis on patient-centred care, our approach is highly individualized, collaborative and integrated with a focus on functional restoration and managed care. As a respected, seasoned professional you thrive in a setting with complex and challenging work. More importantly, we are looking to hire the best of the best – a Physician with integrity and the ethical and honest practices expected in healthcare.
With Lifemark you will:
- Become an active participant in building our national Sport Medicine brand
- Collaborate with allied health practitioners to provide the best rehabilitation to athletes of all levels
- Assess MSK injuries and determine their appropriateness for rehab and further consultation
- Possess experience in assessing and managing concussions in the sport population
- Work with coaches, dieticians, physiotherapists, strength and conditioning coaches and other health care practitioners to help athletes return to play
- Help athletes maximize their performance levels and prevent injuries
- Create results-oriented treatment and rehabilitation plans for patients
What you bring to Lifemark:
- Experience managing complex patients with pain and addiction
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Currently licensed to practice in the Province of Alberta
- In good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- Up to date personal liability & malpractice
- Experience in the management of complex non-malignant chronic pain
- The willingness to obtain a Methadone and Buprenorphine licenses
- The willingness to teach medical students/residents
About Lifemark – Lifemark began over 20 years ago and is currently in a period of significant expansion. Born and bred in Canada, Lifemark has over 2,500 employees and provides services in 175 physiotherapy clinics nationally. Additionally, Lifemark operates a Seniors Wellness division providing services to over 165 long-term care and retirement homes in Ontario and BC, as well as a homecare division (Community Advantage Rehab). Lifemark is also a leading provider of independent medical assessments across Canada, provided under the Viewpoint brand.