EIMC Half-day Workshop: Exercise Prescription in Primary Care
8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Saturday, 28 April 2018
UBC Medical Student & Alumni Centre
2750 Heather Street, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 4M2
Few doctors feel comfortable prescribing exercise to their patients… do you? This interactive half-day workshop is designed to empower primary health care providers with the skills, confidence, and tools to provide exercise counselling and prescription to patients of all ages.
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 7 Mainpro+ credits
- Dr. Kara Solmundson, MD, CCFP (SEM), CASEM Sport Med Dip, MSc, UBC Clinical Instructor
- Josh Bovard -MSc, CSEP-CEP, EIMC-Level 2
- Review the evidence for the harms of physical inactivity and the benefits of physical activity
- Understand the Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines for patients of all ages
- Learn to incorporate the Exercise Vital Sign into your office visits in 1 minute, or less!
- Use simple motivational interview strategies, to reframe patient barriers and enhance behavioural change
- Is exercise safe? Do I need to medically clear patients for exercise? Learn what the best approach is for your patients with pre-existing chronic disease
Credits: up to 7 Mainpro+ credits.
Target audience: Family physicians, residents, nurse practitioners, certified exercise professionals, registered kinesiologists.
- Physicians: 7 Mainpro+ credits $125
(If you are already an Exercise is Medicine Canada Member: $90)
- Exercise & allied health professionals: $75
(If you are already an Exercise is Medicine Canada Member: $40)
- Students: $30
- Instruction by expert professionals; Light morning refreshments
- 1-year membership in Exercise is Medicine Canada; Access to monthly newsletter and online resources
- Resistance Band, Exercise Prescription, and Referral Pad
For more information email email@example.com